You can file a suit for Declaratory Judgment (only in Superior Court) when you are a party to a contract where an actual controversy has arisen, and is current, and ripe, and where the contract has added and/or omitted some material and substantial issue that persists and which cannot be remedied in law, but only in equity.

The Complaint must be very specific as to the facts and law and the Plaintiff must be able to recite specific damages (and not just a “bad deal”) that have accrued and continue to accrue.

One may ask for money damages but the more important aspect of this type of suit is to either nullify the contract or to seek other equitable results that save the contract but that remedy a particular ongoing legal problem.

See MGL Ch. 231A for additional information.